Utilizing a rideshare service, such as Uber or Lyft, as a means of transportation has become increasingly popular over the past few years. However, hundreds of accidents occur while utilizing these services in Philadelphia and elsewhere throughout the country every year, leaving customers and other motorists seriously injured.
Nearly anyone who has a valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle can join the network of rideshare drivers. There is no special training or qualification is necessary, which makes it difficult to keep reckless drivers at bay. With that said, it does not make a difference as to how skillful your Rideshare driver is, they too can make mistakes. On the other hand, sometimes, your driver may not have been at fault at all, and it could have been the fault of the other driver.Regardless of who is at fault, if you are injured as a rideshare passenger, you have rights.
Here is a quick checklist to follow if you have been injured in a rideshare accident important to:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. This is important because the insurance companies who evaluate claims will lower the value of your case if they find that you did not seek necessary medical attention immediately.
- Contact the local police department to make an accident report. Police reports are important in identifying the parties and additional facts of the accident.
- At the time of the crash, document the names and information of all the drivers involved and any witnesses you can find. Take pictures of the scene, vehicle damage, and personal injuries. These will be immensely helpful for your rideshare attorney as he builds your case.
- DO NOT TALK TO ANY THE INSURANCE COMPANIES INVOLVED until you have spoken with an experienced Uber accident attorney.
- Contact a knowledgeable personal injury attorney, with experience in rideshare injury cases, for assistance with navigating the liability process and recovering the compensation you deserve.
How can the Personal Injury Attorneys at Kwartler Manus Help?
Kwartler Manus, LLC is a Philadelphia personal injury firm with extensive experience in Rideshare accident cases. If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, whether as the vehicle driver, passenger, or have been involved in an accident with a rideshare service driver, contact our office online or by phone at (267) 457-5570. Our knowledgeable associates will be able to discuss the details of your situation, help you determine who was at fault, and assist you with recovering compensation for your injuries.