Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers
30+ Years’ Combined Experience Fighting for Injury Victims
Car accidents are, unfortunately, a frequent occurrence and often result in serious injuries. Crashes involving cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, and pedestrians, even when minor, can result in costly medical bills, lost wages due to time out of work, and extensive pain. Victims of such car accidents are often initially disoriented and in need of serious medical attention.
At Kwartler Manus, LLC, we offer client-focused and results-driven representation to the injured victims of car accidents. Our firm is determined to build a strong case on your behalf and to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. Let our car accident attorneys in Philadelphia fight for you.
Call (267) 214-8608 now to schedule your free consultation today.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in PA
Car accidents happen every day across the country and right here in Philadelphia. Mistakes are an unfortunate reality of life, but negligence is inexcusable.
Car accidents are often caused by:
- Negligent driving, such as eating or adjusting the radio while driving
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Faulty vehicles or vehicle components
- Dangerous road conditions
If someone else’s mistake or inaction was to blame for your recent accident, you should not have to pay the price. By filing a personal injury claim with help from our Philadelphia car accident lawyers, you may be able to recover the compensation you need and deserve to pay for the effects of the responsible party’s negligence.
What to Do after a Car Accident in Philadelphia
After suffering an injury in a car accident, there are several steps you can take to protect yourself, your rights, and your ability to file a personal injury claim.
At Kwartler Manus, LLC, we recommend that you:
- Seek medical attention ASAP: After a car crash, our bodies react with a surge of adrenaline to keep us going. This may mask any pain or awareness of an injury. That’s why it’s important to visit a doctor regardless of how you feel. A medical professional can determine whether you sustained any injuries with long-term effects such as whiplash or internal organ damage.
- Call the police: Pennsylvania law requires drivers to report any collision that involves injury, death, or vehicle damage that prevents any party from being able to drive away from the scene. While not required, it is still good to get the police involved for minor crashes as well to ensure that there is a record of your collision and that the police include your version of the events in their report. The police will record their assessment of the situation and any opinions they may have of who is at fault.
- Collect information from the scene: Be sure to take pictures of the scene if possible and write down the names, numbers, and license plates of other vehicles involved in the crash. The more evidence you gather, the better.
- Do not admit wrongdoing: It may feel strange but expressing you are “sorry” can be used against you as proof that you admitted the accident was your fault, even if that is not what you were intending to communicate.
- Call your insurance company: Many insurance policies require you to report a crash within a few days or up to a week of your collision to be eligible for coverage. It is important you do not delay and inform your insurance company that you were involved in a crash. Stick to the facts, do not admit fault, and do not sign any releases or forms until you have consulted with an attorney.
Personal Injury Statute of Limitations in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations states that an individual has two years from the date of their car accident to file a claim. If you fail to take legal action within that time frame, it’s very likely that the state will refuse to hear your case in court, thus causing you to lose your right to compensation for your injuries and damages.
After the accident, it’s imperative that you gather the necessary documents that will be valuable to your case. At Kwartler Manus, LLC will work tirelessly to ensure that we build the best possible case on your behalf.
Pennsylvania’s No-Fault Laws
In car accident cases, Pennsylvania uses a “no-fault” system, which means that after most car accidents, coverage for medical expenses, property damage, and lost income will be provided by the injured person’s own insurance provider.
There’s a chance, however, that you will be able to pursue legal action outside of the no-fault system if your case meets the threshold for what is considered a serious injury. Our Philadelphia car accident attorneys at Kwartler Manus, LLC can assess your situation and determine how you should proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do I need a lawyer after a car accident?
Q: How much does a car accident lawyer cost?
Q: What types of damages can I be reimbursed for after a crash?
Q: Who decides where my vehicle is repaired?
Q: I am partially at fault for the crash. Do I still have a case?
Q: The driver who hit me did not have insurance. What do I do?
Q: The insurance company has already made me a settlement offer. Can I still hire an attorney?
Q: My totaled car was financed. Who pays the bank loan?
Q: The insurance company wants me to give a recorded statement. What should I do?
Q: How long will it take to settle my car accident claim?
Consult with Kwartler Manus, LLC Today
Our firm provides experienced and highly knowledgeable representation for each of our clients. Our goal is to handle your case in a time-efficient manner because we understand how exhausting this process can be for the victims.
We consistently work hard to obtain positive results for our clients. Our team has successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for victims of car accidents in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas.
You owe us nothing unless we win your case. Call us at (267) 214-8608 today for a free consultation.
If you need a lawyer take a peek at mines- Blue Ramon
These two gentlemen are sharks when it comes to getting you what you deserve.- TP
Professional, honest and very thorough.- Dennis Gibson
I couldn’t have gotten better service.- Tabitha Talley
I would recommend this law firm, Kwartler Manus, for anything.- Cynthia