Personal injury lawyers are meant to help you in the case that you experience physical or psychological injury as a result of a person, organization, government agency, or other systems. In the case of Gardasil, a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you if you have been diagnosed with multiple autoimmune conditions, such as POTS, as a direct result of being vaccinated with Gardasil.
There are more than 64,000 reports of adverse reactions to the HPV vaccination, Gardasil, in the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) database. It is estimated that only 1% of serious adverse side effects are even reported.
Clinical trials for the Gardasil HPV vaccination reveal disturbing side effects that were never disclosed on the packaging insert:
- The overall miscarriage rate for women under the age of 30 throughout the United States is 12.5%; however for those injected with Gardasil that rate was astonishingly recorded at 25%.
- There were 5 babies born to those in the Gardasil trial group who had congenital abnormalities at birth versus none in the control group (a group that does not receive the treatment being studied).
- Within 7 months of receiving Gardasil, 10.9% of women reported reproductive and breast disorders, whereas in the placebo group there were only 1.2%.
- The rate of Gardasil deaths in clinical trials of Gardasil was 8.5 per 10,000, which is nearly double the United States death rate for young women between the ages of 15 and 24.
Those considering receiving the vaccination are urged to do their own research and weigh the risks and benefits.
What legal action can I take?
If the medical diagnosis can be directly linked to the administration of the Gardasil vaccination, there are ways in which you can seek justice.
In August of 2020, a Rhode Island woman filed a lawsuit with a personal injury lawyer against the pharmaceutical company that manufactures Gardasil, citing the vaccination as the reason for her numerous autoimmune conditions. Many believe that more lawsuits such as this one will continue to be filed as people learn about the harmful long-term effects receiving the vaccination can cause and come forward with how they were affected by its ingredients.
What do I have to prove to receive compensation?
There are a few things that a personal injury lawyer will be tasked with proving upon filing the lawsuit in order for your case to be viable. They are:
- There must be proof that you or your child have been vaccinated with Gardasil in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) vaccination timeline
- There must be proof that you have been diagnosed with one, or multiple, of the following health conditions:
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
- Auto-immune disorders
- Birth defects
- Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia – CIN 2/3
- Chronic fatigue syndromes
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Chronic pain syndromes, including Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Epilepsy (seizure disorder)
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Heart problems, including severe arrhythmia and heart attacks
- Inflammatory disorders
- Interconnective tissue disorder
- Movement disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurological disorders
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- Pulmonary embolism
- Reproductive disorders, including premature ovarian failure
- Rheumatological disorders
- Small fiber neuropathy
- There must be proof that these two instances are linked
The first two are fairly simple to provide evidence for. A vaccination record from a family physician would suffice as proof. A record of the diagnosis should be in your medical file for easy access as well. Consult your healthcare provider(s) for both of these pieces of information.
The hardest part of Gardasil cases is proving that there is an undeniable correlation between receipt of the vaccine and your medical diagnosis.
Causation can be determined depending on the timeline established for when the vaccination was administered and the symptoms began.
Call Kwartler Manus Today
Kwartler Manus provides skilled and compassionate legal representation for clients injured in various ways. This includes those who have developed autoimmune conditions or other serious debilitating illnesses due to the Gardasil Vaccination. Contact our office online or by phone at 267-457-5570 to schedule a consultation with a member of our team today.