Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone almost anywhere, even at work or school. Property owners, managers and landlords are required to keep their properties safe for residents and visitors. When debris, broken stairs, puddles, ice or other items cause someone to suffer a slip and fall accident, the property owner or manager could be held liable. Here are some of the common Philadelphia slip and fall injuries.
- Broken Arms and LegsIt is not uncommon for a person to suffer a broken arm or leg in a slip and fall accident. A person’s first instinct when falling is to extend one or both arms to help break the fall. This can lead to the arm breaking or being strained. In some instances, a person will lock their knees when falling, causing them to land hard on the ground. This can lead to popped knees, broken ankles and broken femur or hip bones.
- Neck InjuriesPhiladelphia CVS slip and fall accidents can lead to neck injuries for some victims. The neck is nothing to play around with because these injuries can lead to paralysis if they are severe. Always seek medical attention following a slip and fall accident.
- Head InjuriesPossibly the most common slip and fall accident injury occurs to the head. So many fall victims suffer head injuries because of the way the body flails and snaps during a fall. When these accidents occur outside, head injuries can become severe, especially when they happen on concrete or asphalt. Any victim who is bleeding from the head following a Philadelphia slip and fall at Target should call 911 immediately. Head injuries include concussions, seizures, cognitive impairment and mood changes.
- Spinal Cord InjuriesWhen a person suffers a Philadelphia Walmart slip and fall accident, the impact to the body can be severe. The severity of the impact can lead to damaged or broken vertebrae. The impact can also cause a herniated or slipped disc in your back. An injury to the spinal cord is very serious as it could lead to temporary or permanent paralysis. Spinal cord injuries can also lead to sensory and neurological issues.
- Shoulder InjuriesIt is not uncommon for the victim of a Philadelphia slip and fall accident to suffer a shoulder injury. Oftentimes, a victim lands on his or her side during a fall, causing the shoulder to become dislocated or broken. Another shoulder injury is known as the brachial plexus injury. This injury can require surgery to repair the nerves that connect the spinal cord to the shoulder.
Contact an attorney if you or a loved one has been injured in a Philadelphia Target slip and fall accident. The experience and dedication of Kwartler Manus LLC will help you fight for compensation following a slip and fall accident. Give us a call today at (267) 457-5570 for your free consultation.