It’s often that victims don’t file claims after a car accident. This is because many victims don’t know how to file a claim, where to go to file a claim, or what they even need to begin the process. The first important step you want to take is scheduling an initial consultation with a Roosevelt Boulevard car accident attorney. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a car accident on Roosevelt Boulevard then you deserve a seasoned Philadelphia attorney who wants to fight for your legal rights.
What to bring to your initial consultation
If you’ve been a victim of a car accident, chances are you’re feeling overwhelmed by the situation and possibly a bit confused. A car collision can cause injuries that can impact your day-to-day life, but that shouldn’t impact your ability to earn an income. This is why scheduling a free consultation with a Roosevelt Boulevard car accident attorney is beneficial because you can be entitled to compensation.
It’s important to be prepared and know what to bring to your free consultation and have all the necessary documents and information that a Roosevelt Boulevard car accident attorney will need to begin working on your case; however, if you aren’t prepared and need guidance on what to do to help your case, a Philadelphia car accident attorney will let you know what they will need after the initial consultation.
The best way to be prepared for an initial consultation with a Roosevelt Boulevard car accident attorney is to get started on gathering the documentation you need beforehand. It makes the consultation process easier and more useful since it’ll be more specifically tailored to your case.
Here is a list of the documentation and items that you will need to bring with you to an initial consultation:
- Identification such as a driver’s license and your social security card
- Insurance information such as your insurance car, agent contact information, and insurance policy.
- A police report from the scene of the accident.
- Medical bills, receipts, and reports.
- A written summary of what happened during the accident.
- Vehicle repair bills and estimates.
- Other driver’s information, such as their contact information, driver’s license, and their insurance information.
- Photos of the accident, your injuries, and damage to vehicles.
- Witness statements and their contact information.
- Proof of wage loss, such as a list of missed days and hours of work, relevant pay stubs, and a W-2.
- Any camera footage that has captured the accident, whether that’s by other people around the scene of the crime at the time or security cameras.
- List of questions you may have for the attorney.
What questions should you ask a Roosevelt Boulevard car accident attorney?
Making a list of questions you may have will be useful at the time of the initial consultation. A car accident attorney can address your questions before moving any further and can help you find the right prospective lawyer. The answers provided by a Philadelphia car accident attorney will help you evaluate if you and the prospective attorney will be a good fit for each other in order to achieve your legal goals.
Here is a list of potential questions to ask a Roosevelt Boulevard car accident attorney:
- How long have you been an attorney?
- Where did you get your credentials from?
- Do you specialize specifically in car accidents? If so, how long have you specialized in car accidents?
- How many cases have you worked on that are similar to my situation?
- What are the results you’ve had with previous similar cases?
- How long does it usually take to resolve a case?
- What are your attorney fees?
- Do you take payment plans?
- Do you charge by the hour or what is your billing structure?
- How much could I potentially recover in compensation?
Bring paper and pen to the initial consultation
It’s best to be prepared to take notes during the consultation. Noting down the car accident attorney’s answers to your questions will help you remember their answers and help you assess if they’re the best attorney for your case. Sometimes the prospective Roosevelt Boulevard car accident attorney will offer free legal advice during the consultation and you’ll want to take notes of their advice and recommendations.
Contact a Roosevelt Boulevard car accident attorney
If you are the victim of a car accident due to someone else’s negligent driving, it’s in your best financial and mental health to seek the counsel of a caring, seasoned Roosevelt Boulevard car accident attorney. Call our office or complete our contact form to schedule your free consultation.